Official Contest Rules - McClure's Tell Us a Lil' Something Voicemail Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY APPLICABLE FEDERAL, OR STATE LAWS AND REGULATIONS. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES 21 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. Eligibility: The McClure’s “Tell Us A ‘Lil Somethin’ Voicemail Contest” (hereinafter the “Contest”) is open only to LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES 21 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER who are physically located and residing therein and who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older and the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of the Contest entry. Employees or the immediate family of employees of McClure’s or any distributor, representative, agent or affiliate of McClure’s brand (Collectively, the "Contest Entities") and their immediate families (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters, regardless of where they reside) and members of their households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
2. How To Enter: To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period as defined below, interested individuals will call (800) 238-5117 to leave a message about McClure’s pickles. Messages may include: why you love McClure’s pickles, pickle jokes or any reasons someone should eat a McClure’s pickle. All messages will be entered into the contest and judged accordingly to the rules below. Participants may leave a message each day throughout the contest period. Leaving a message constitutes an entry into the Contest. No purchase is necessary to win.
The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all Federal, State and Local laws. All entries become the property of McClure’s and said entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Completion of and receipt of an entry is the sole responsibility of the participant. McClure’s, its employees or agents will not acknowledge or respond to any inquiries regarding the receipt of or status of any entry. McClure’s reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel or terminate the Contest in whole or in part at any time should any unforeseen occurrence cause the fair and impartial continuation of the Contest to be impossible. By completing the act of entry, each participant agrees to abide by the Official Contest Rules herein stated.
3. Contest Period: The Contest period begins at 9:00 am EST on July 8, 2019 and ends at 10 am EST on August 15, 2019. Winning Grand Prize will be announced by August 30, 2019.
4. Judging:Eligible entries received will be judged by a panel of qualified judges consisting of representatives of McClure’s and their agency based on the following criteria (each of which will be given equal weight of 50%): creativity of message that best represents the McClure’s brand and the humor of the overall message.
5. Prize: The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected by a panel of qualified judges on or before August 30, 2019 from all valid voicemail message entries received during the Contest Period as defined herein. If a potential Winner either declines a Prize, cannot be contacted within seven (7) calendar days of the selection or is deemed ineligible to accept the Prize, an alternate Winner may be chosen at the discretion of McClure’s. The number of entries received will determine the odds of winning and all valid entries received will be treated equally.
Random drawings: All entries will be eligible for twenty (20) random drawings to win prizes throughout the Contest Period. Days and times of the random drawings will be at the discretion of McClure’s. If a potential Winner either declines a Prize, cannot be contacted within seven (7) calendar days of the selection or is deemed ineligible to accept the Prize, an alternate Winner may be chosen at the discretion of McClure’s.
6. Prizes: Exactly one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize consists of five (5) cases of ‘Lil Pickle Packs, one McClure’s t-shirt with an approximate value of $135.00. All Federal, State and Local taxes, fees and other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Prize Winner. Exactly twenty (20) prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from all eligible entries during the contest period. Random prizes consist of ‘Lil pickle Packs, McClure’s t-shirts, McClures.com online store credits, and variety of McClure’s Pickles with an approximate overall accumulated value of $100.00.
7. Limitation on Liability: Participants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of materials/mail/email submitted to Sponsor. Participant agrees to full Official Rules and to decisions of Sponsor, or their designated agent, which are final and legally binding in all respects and further agree that the Grand Prize is awarded upon the condition that Contest entities shall be held harmless for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons or property, including death, sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the Grand Prize, or participation in this promotion or participation in or travel to any promotion-related activities and further acknowledge that said parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. The Contest entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by technical or human error which may occur and/or which may damage a user's system or limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest. Additional phone charges may apply. Please refer to your phone carriers’ service agreement. McClure’s will not reimburse phone call charges.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE, PHONE MESSAGING SYSTEM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CIVIL LAW. SHOULD AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or any element thereof and Sponsor may conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of action requiring such termination.
8. Publicity Release: By accepting the Prize(s) each winner will agree to give written permission to McClure’s and affiliated sponsors, its designees and agents for the right to use the Winner's image, voicemail message and or likeness, the submitted video and/or photographic material including all rights of publicity. The Winner further agrees not to take any action or allow any other person to so act as to impede any use of the Winner's image and or likeness and name in any publicity related to the Grand Prize. By leaving a voicemail message, an individual agrees that their message may be used in McClure’s marketing materials and/or any of McClure’s social media accounts without compensation.
9. Governing Law: By completing the act of entering the Contest each entrant agrees that the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules shall be governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan.
10. Winner List: For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
McClure’s “Tell Us A ‘Lil Somethin’ Voicemail Contest”
c/o RMD 6116 Cleveland Avenue
Columbus, OH 43231