- Hey, who really has the time for making an authentic Creole recipe? This recipe is straight from the Big D. It's an easy, spicy gumbo recipe using our Bloody Mary Mix as the base. Feel free to add some sausage and okra (ok, maybe not the okra).
- Serves 2
- 32oz. jar McClure's Spicy Bloody Mary Mix
- 1/4lb Peeled and Cooked Shrimp
- 1/2 cup Rice (Jasmine)
- 1/2 Avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Cook rice as per directions in a small pot. After cleaning and peeling shrimp, In a pan, cook your shrimp thoroughly. In a separate medium pot, pour in the bloody mary mix and heat to simmer. Once rice is cooked, add to pot with simmering bloody mary and stir until mixed. Add shrimp. Heat until the mix just barely starts to bubble and continue stirring. As the product thickens, turn off the heat, serve in bowls, place avocado slices in bowl and add dollop of sour cream to each bowl.
- What?!? The grocery store just ran out of our Bloody Mary Mix, and you've got 10 friends coming over for brunch!?! Easy. Dust off the can of tomato juice from the back of your pantry, add the brine (that would be pickle juice) from any of our pickle flavors and the day is saved. You did remember the vodka, didn't you?
- Serves 4 depending on how big your glass is!
- 1 leftover jar of McClure's brine (after finishing pickles you should have about 1/2 jar of brine left from any 32oz jar of McClure's)
- 14-16oz tomato juice
- black pepper
- seasoning to taste (garlic powder, worchestshire sauce, etc.)
- Using the leftover brine from a jar of McClure's 32oz Spicy, Garlic, or Sweet & Spicy pickles, fill the rest of the jar with tomato juice. Add 2-3 dashes of black pepper and additional seasoning (garlic powder, etc.) to desired taste. Using the cap that came with the jar, place the lid back on the jar and tighten. Lightly shake/stir the jar to mix the ingredients. Pour into an 8oz glass over 1oz of ice, 1oz vodka and add a McClure's pickle for your garnish.
- Make your pizza pop with a topping that's, well ... the tops. Diced and sliced, our pickles add that gourmet flavor to any pizza.
- Your favorite pizza recipe
- Your favorite pizza toppings
- 3 spears McClure's Spicy or Garlic Dill Pickles (diced)
- Using your favorite pizza recipe or pizza from a restaurant, have it warm and ready to serve. Dice into small cubes McClure's garlic dill or spicy spears and top them on your pizza. These make an excellent alternative to pepperoncini, olives, sun-dried tomatoes or go great hand-in-hand with them. Just dice and top on your pizza.
- First, eat all of the McClure's pickles out of the jar. Second, pour the brine over a couple of chicken breasts. Third, grill and ... enjoy! Or is that fourth? Anyways, our brine is the best way to give fish, chicken and even pork a tender and delicious flavor.
- leftover McClure's brine from garlic dill pickles
- 2 all natural chicken breasts
- (1) 1 gallon plastic bag
- Using the remaining brine, garlic and dill from a jar of McClure's garlic dill spears, in a 1 gallon plastic bag place your clean and refrigerator thawed chicken breasts in the bag and pour the brine over them. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 6 hours. Fire up the grill, discard the liquid from the bag and place your chicken on the grill. Cook thoroughly and place on clean plate. The brine soaks into the chicken creating a very tender, flavorful and juicy meal.
Dilly Cheese Ball
- This isn't your grandma's cheese ball recipe - it's actually, our grandma's recipe - but anyway, your party just got dilled a new favorite. Shhhh, don't tell grandma, but the secret is adding our Dill Pickle Relish to the mix.
- 1 PACKAGE (8 OZ.) CREAM CHEESE, SOFTENED
- 1 CUP MCCLURE’S DILL PICKLE RELISH (DRAINED)
- ¼ CUP CHOPPED ONION
- 1 ½ CUP OF SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- 1 TBSP. WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- 2 TBSP. MAYONNAISE
- 2 TBSP. MINCED PARSLEY
- Mix the first six ingredients together until the cream cheese mixture is soft. Shape the mixture into a ball and wrap it in plastic.
- Refrigerate the ball for 4-5 hours. Sprinkle the ball with parsley and serve with crackers.
- For a party tray guests will really love, serve alongside McClure’s Dill Pickles!
- Leave the bowls in the cupboard. We've got a unique way to enjoy your gazpacho. Shoot 'em or sip 'em ... it's your choice and our recipe.
- MCCLURE’S SPICY BLOODY MARY MIX
- 1 DICED TOMATO
- 2 CUCUMBERS, DICED
- 1 RED ONION
- HANDFUL OF CILANTRO LEAVES
- 2 TBSP. OLIVE OIL
- 1 1/2 TSP. RED WINE VINEGAR
- SALT, TO TASTE
- PEPPER, TO TASTE
- Blend to reach a smooth consistency.
- Pour into small shot glasses and serve.
Bloody Mary Wing Sauce
- Over the years, we visited a lot of bars to taste test wing sauce recipes. Believe us, that's a lot of wings and things. It's how we settled on our sauce. A little of this, a little of that ... and a whole a lot of our tasty Bloody Mary Mix. Sweet and sassy ... just like the barmaid at that hole-in-the-wall on 8 Mile Road.
- 3 LB. CHICKEN WINGS
- 1 TBSP. VEGETABLE OIL
- CELERY SALT, TO TASTE
- 3 CUPS MCCLURE’S SPICY BLOODY MARY MIX
- 2/3 CUP VODKA
- 3/4 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 1/3 CUP HOT SAUCE
- 1 TBSP. HORESRADISH
- 1 TBSP. WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- JUICE OF ONE LEMON
- KOSHER SALT
- FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
- In a large bowl, drizzle wings with oil. Season with celery salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine McClure’s Spicy Bloody Mary Mix, vodka, brown sugar, hot sauce, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Whisk until fully mixed and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over wings until they are fully coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Remove wings form the bowl with tongs and place on a large baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add marinade and bring to a simmer until reduced by half.
- When wings are ready, brush them with the thickened sauce and broil on high for 3-5 minutes.
Bloody Mary Salad Dressing
- We whip up a batch of our salad dressing when mom stops by for dinner. See, mom, we do eat healthy green stuff ... once in a while. So spicy, the entree is green with envy.
- ½ CUP MCCLURE’S SPICY BLOODY MARY MIX
- ¼ CUP OLIVE OIL
- 2 TBSP. FRESH LEMON JUICE
- 1 TBSP. HORSERADISH
- 1 TSP. FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- 1 TSP. HOT SAUCE
- ¾ TSP. CELERY SALT
- ½ TSP. WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- Whisk together McClure’s Spicy Bloody Mary mix, olive oil, lemon juice, horseradish, pepper, hot sauce, celery salt and Worcestershire sauce until well blended.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
McClure’s Bloody Mary Slushie
- Remember when you were a kid and couldn't wait to go down to the corner store and get a slushie? Well, this ain't your childhood cold drink. Top it with a shot of vodka and let the good times roll ... again.
- 3 OZ. VODKA (OPTIONAL)
- 8 MEDIUM, RED TOMATOES
- ¼ CUP SHREDDED BASIL LEAVES
- 1 OZ. MCCLURE’S BLOODY MARY MIX
- CHOPPED CELERY LEAVES
- ½ CUP TOMATO JUICE
- Combine all ingredients (except for vodka) in a food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth, continuously adding tomato juice to smooth out the mixture.
- Pour mixture into small baking dish and put in the freezer for about an hour.
- Freeze until you see the mixture setting around the edges, stir and then freeze until the mixture is firm.
- Let mixture sit in room temperature until you can scrape and divide mixture into glasses.
- Pour vodka (or tomato juice) over the mixture and enjoy!
McClure’s Spicy Party Dip
- We should call this dip, “pretty in pink”. The cream cheese makes it rich and creamy ... our Bloody Mary Mix makes you want to call your high school crush.
- 1/2 CUP MCCLURE’S SPICY BLOODY MARY MIX
- 1/3 CUP MAYONNAISE
- 3 CUPS CREAM CHEESE
- CHOPPED CHIVES
- PITA CHIPS, RAW VEGGIES OR CRACKERS
- Mix together McClure’s Spicy Bloody Mary Mix, mayonnaise, cream cheese and chives in a food processor until well blended.
- Serve with pita chips, raw veggies or crackers.
McClure’s Bloody Mary BBQ Sauce
- We're not saying our rib sauce is award-winning, but we are saying it'll beat the pants off of your neighbors' bland ketchup-based sauce. The sauce secret? McClure's Spicy Bloody Mary Mix ... in the mix.
- 1 ½ CUPS MCCLURE’S SPICY BLOODY MARY MIX
- 1 TBSP VEGETABLE OIL
- 8 OZ TOMATO JUICE
- 1 SMALL ONION, DICED
- 1 CLOVE GARLIC, MINCED
- ¾ CUP BROWN SUGAR
- ¾ CUP KETCHUP
- 1 TSP WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- ¼ CUP ORANGE JUICE
- ½ CUP WATER
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low. Let sauce simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve with chicken, quesadillas, steak, turkey, etc. and enjoy!
McClure’s Pickle Slushy
- Cool down and pucker up with this summer treat! Only for real pickle lovers!
- 1 Jar MCCLURE’S Garlic and Dill Pickles
- ½ jar of pickle juice
- ½ shot of lemon syrup
- ½ shot of lime syrup
- Lemon lime soda
- Fill blender with ice.
- Add the lemon syrup, lime syrup and pickle juice.
- Pour in the soda (personal preference with the amount).
- Blend until the consistency is slushy.
McClure’s Bloody Mary Burger
- Nobody wants a bland burger. Kick your grilling up a notch with this spicy, savory showcase of beef and Bloody Mary Mix.
- 1/3 Cup MCCLURE’S Bloody Mary Mix
- 2 lbs. of ground beef
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Celery Seeds
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- MCCLURE’S Bread and Butter Pickle Chips (optional)
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, Bloody Mary mix, celery seed, egg, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and then form into 6 patties.
- Fry or grill as desired.
McClure’s Pickles Cupcakes
- Have you ever felt sweet and sassy? We haven't either. But with our pickle cupcake recipe, you'll get close. We've infused the innocent cupcake with the tangy kick of our pickle brine and chopped pickles. Now give us a hug, and we kick you out the door.
- 1/4 cup McClure’s Bread and Butter Pickles, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup McClure’s pickle brine
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, soften
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. bourbon
- McClure’s Pickle slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Add sour cream and pickle juice and beat until evenly mixed.
- Stir in flour mixture and chopped pickles until smooth.
- Add liners to cupcake pan and scoop a 1/4 cup of the batter into each.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy
- Add powdered sugar, bourbon and beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes, garnish each with a pickle.
McClure’s Cool Ranch Pickle Spears
- We've taken the standard breaded pickle and made it cool again. Take the crumbs from the bottom of the bag of your favorite Cool Ranch tortilla chip and encrust our sweet and spicy pickle spears. Crunchy, creamy, and perfect for dill dippin'.
- McClure’s Sweet & Spicy Pickles
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Ranch flavored Nacho Chips, finely crushed
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Ranch dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl.
- Mix crushed chips, butter, parsley, cayenne, salt and pepper and spread on a large plate.
- Add flour to a medium bowl.
- Pat dry a pickle spear with paper towels, and dredge in flour.
- Move pickle spear to the egg mixture bowl and coat liberally with beaten eggs.
- Dredge the pickles in the crushed chip mixture until fulled coated.
- Place on baking sheet and repeat for all spears.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning spears over after 8 minutes.
- Serve warm with ranch dressing
McClure’s Bacon-wrapped Dill Pickles
- They say everything tastes better with bacon. Well, we say everything tastes BEST with our pickles. So, putting these two loved ingredients together will send your tastebuds on a journey you gotta take!
- McClure’s Dill Pickle Spears
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 12 slices bacon, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Halve pickles and scoop out the centers.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, cheddar, and garlic.
- Spoon mixture into pickle halves and wrap with a half slice of bacon.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and bake until the bacon is fully cooked and crispy, approx. 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.